January 12th Meeting of ABA
Time & Location
About the Event
More Honey or More Hives
January 12th ABA Meeting - via zoom
Meeting starts promptly at 6:30pm
With bee spring underway, now is the time to decide if your goal for the 2021 spring flow will be more hives or more honey? Even if you don't want to decide, you'll learn the best practices for planning and preparation no matter what you decide. Now is the time to be thinking about nuc purchases -- and the questions you should ask from your nuc supplier. Bring your questions, or email them in advance, or simply ask them during the meeting via "chat."
Answers to month's FAQs topic: Small Hive Beetles
Get answers to these questions:
- Can hive beetles invade a hive anytime of the year, in Florida?
- What is the best indicator that my hive has these beetles?
- What is a good treatment to quickly get rid of any hive beetles in my hive?
- What can I do to help prevent the beetles from coming back or entering the first time into my hive?
- I’ve heard of a safe soli treatment to kill beetle larva. What is it and where can I get it. How safe is it to use on my couple hives?
RSVP by noon on January 12, 2021 meeting. RSVP Here
Zoom sign-in link will be emailed to everyone who RSVPs,
by noon on the day of the event.